Friday, February 11, 2011

Custer's Last Stand

Saw the T today.  It was a pretty big session.  I feel a great sense of relief.  I am pretty worn out from it, so the details may fail me a bit at this point, but suffice to say that I am looking out of the world with a lot more positive outlook than I've been at times lately.  

We've centered on my childhood.  No surprise there.  We also talked about the depression, and she mentioned a couple of things that really opened my eyes.  First was that she didn't think I was pathologically depressed, but was instead more of an affective disorder for me.  Truth and time will tell the veracity of that statement, but it surely resonates very loudly for me. 

Second was to discuss, in less detail, what it was like to grow up when and where I did.  She kinda let me dawdle around the subject and then asked me if I was ready to have a session where we talked about it in more detail.  I said I'd let her know, because I'd like to be a little more prepared.  I say that becuase there were a couple of moments when I was talking about stuff where I just couldn't go further, not because I didn't want to, but because I couldn't.  I will take care with that, as I don't want to push myself too hard, thought every instinct is screaming for me to rush forward, blind to the consequences, blind to the size of the Native village that I am attacking.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment